- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
If you're driving, Bursa is 247 km (153 mi) from Istanbul via Rte. 100 or E80 to İzmit, Rte. 130 to Yalova, and Rte. 575 south from Yalova to Bursa; the Yalova Bursa part of the trip is 60 km (37 mi). Or, take the ferry from Istanbul's Yenikapı terminal to Yalova. Bursa is 85 km from İznik.
From Istanbul, through Yalova, it's a five-hour bus trip to Bursa, including the ferry trip from Darıca to Yalova, and costs about $12. A better option is to take the sea bus to Yalova; near the sea-bus quay in Yalova are buses to Bursa that cost about $5 and take one hour.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe