- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The port is a marvel, pressed against the sheer cliff walls. It's crammed with small hotels that were built of volcanic rock, a fleet of fishing boats, and a small rocky beach at each end. Behramkale village is home to the ruins of Assos: the Acropolis. It has blossomed in recent years and now surpasses the port of Assos in terms of prices—and perhaps in charm as well.
Outside June, July, August, and weekends the rest of the year, the area is less crowded and prices are likely to come down a bit, especially in the port. For more spacious and sandier beaches try Kadırga, on the way to Küçükkuyu.
Behramkale (Assos) at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Sea of Marmara and the North Aegean
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's