- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The quickest way to get to the Central and Southern Aegean is by plane. Daily flights connect Istanbul with airports in İzmir and Milas/Bodrum, and there are direct flights to İzmir and Bodrum from Ankara, Adana, and Antalya as well.
One of the most comfortable and economical ways to get to and from the İzmir and Bodrum airports to their respective downtown areas is Havaş, a modern, spacious shuttle bus service with air-conditioning. The İzmir Havas bus tickets cost about $8 one-way. The Havaş Bodrum ticket costs about $12 one-way. Taxis serve the İzmir and Bodrum airports. Bodrum's fares are known as the most expensive in Turkey, and İzmir is up there as well, so you might want to bargain before agreeing to a ride. Prices go up even more from midnight to 6 am.
Taxis and Shuttles
Bodrum Tour (Bodrum. 252/524–5050. www.bodrumtour.com.)
Havaş (252/523–0040 Bodrum; 212/444–0487 toll free (from Turkish phones); 232/274–2276 İzmir. www.havas.net.)
Havalimanı Taksi (İzmir airport taxi) (232/274–2075.)
Proper Car Rental & Airport Transfers (252/316–9540. www.propercar.com/bodrum-airport-transfer.htm.)
Bodrum Airport Taksi (Milas-Bodrum Airport) (Bodrum. 0252/523–0024. www.bodrumairporttaxi.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's