- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blue Cruises were originally inexpensive boat tours catering to Turkish intellectuals in the 1970s, and they're still one of the most enjoyable and low-key ways to see the coast.
Trips can last two to 14 days between April and October, and most voyages are on gulets, converted wooden fishing craft with full crew. The boats' amenities range from modest to luxurious, and prices fluctuate accordingly. You can arrange your trip before you leave home, or on the spot at the docks. Ask a travel agent or someone at your hotel to recommend a reputable company with a good boat and crew. On the Aegean coast, voyages depart from İzmir, Çeşme, Kuşadası, and Bodrum.
For information try these, contacts: Era Yachting (252/316–2310. www.erayachting.com.)
Neyzen Tours (252/316–7204. www.neyzen.com.tr.)
Motif Yachting (252/316–2309. www.motifyachting.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe