- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At branches on the water in Gümüşlük and Yalıavak, begin a meal with stuffed zucchini flowers, roasted eggplant with tulum cheese, and octopus salad—you may want to just keep working your way through the starters—a meal in themselves—or let the owner, Cengiz Bey, help you select the best local fish for the grill. Whatever you choose, don't skip dessert. After years of buying all their baklava from Gaziantep, Aquarium finally imported a Gaziantepli baklava-whisperer, who uses only pistachioes from his hometown, and makes a mean irmik helvası (traditional warm semolina halvah, served with ice cream) as well.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
At rather short notice we're planning to visit Turkey in late January. Read more
· News & Features
With its rich history, intoxicating culture, and gorgeous mix of architecture, Cambodia serves up sights... Read more
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more