- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kuşadası long ago lost its local charm to invasive, sterile buildings and overpopulation, and the huge yacht marina, the largest in the region, has only exacerbated the situation. Kuşadası is also a port for cruise ships. So, what was a small fishing village up until the 1970s is now a sprawling, hyperactive town packed with curio shops and a year-round population of around 60,000, which swells several times over in summer with the influx of tourists and Turks with vacation homes.
Kuşadası at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Central and Southern Aegean Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's