- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
While in Izmir, you can travel around by bus or metro (the latter is not very extensive, but plans are underway to extend the route) or bus. The fare is 2 TL per ride.
Taxis are more expensive than in other Turkish cities like Istanbul and Ankara, because they're less in demand, but they're widely available.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe