- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Summer is a great time for hiking Mount Bozdağ's slopes, with cool, crisp air providing refuge from the city's suffocating heat.
For a less strenuous trip, set out to Gölcük, where there are smaller hills and a beautiful lake ideal for picnics. To get to Gölcük via public transportation, take a bus from İzmir's terminal to Ödemiş; the trip takes about three hours. From Ödemiş, you can get a dolmuş to Gölcük from the corner of Hatay and Namik Kemal streets, near the Ödemiş bus terminal.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe