- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Çesme Seyhat Bus Company is the sole bus company for traveling between Izmir and Çesme. During the summer, buses leave every 20 to 45 minutes or so, often until around 9 pm. Reservations are recommended and especially important for the return trip to Izmir. Tickets cost around $8 one-way and can be bought either at the otogar stand or on the bus, in cash.
For getting around the peninsula, most of the coves and bays are accessible by dolmus, which depart near the entrance of Çesme's main street and from the tourist office every 30 minutes or when full. Çesme serves as the main hub, and you may have to make a transfer here if you're traveling from one outlying cove to the other. Dolmuses cost around $2 per ride; they run less frequently in the off-season.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 4-Star Balcova Thermal Otel in Izmir Fr $104+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Izmir: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $170+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Izmir: Book 3 Nts in May at Anemon Izmir Fr $75+/Nt — $75 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Izmir at Ontur Izmir Fr $123+/Nt — $123 Expedia
- Book in Izmir: Save at the Crowne Plaza Izmir in May Fr $161+/Nt — $161 Expedia