- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The Bodrum Ferryboat Assosication has ferries from Bodrum to Kos and Datça, which are right off its shores. The Bodrum Express Lines Hydrofoil and Ferryboat Services also operates ferries from Bodrum to Kos, and to Rhodes, Marmaris, and Cleopatra Island from June through August. Reservations are recommended if you're bringing your car, and make sure you bring your passport for ferries to Greece. You can also fly into the Bodrum-Milas Airport, and all major bus companies serve Bodrum, with direct service from Istanbul and Izmir.
Getting Around Bodrum
Renting a car in Bodrum is only a good idea if you plan on making many day trips outside of the city. Roads are in bad repair and signage is not very good. Instead, hop on one of the minibuses (on average $1.50 per ride) that run all day and, in summer, practically all night.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe