- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Istanbul's smart ticket is known as an Akbil, and it works on buses, trams, the metro, and most ferries. It's a small disk on a piece of plastic that you can hang on a key chain; it's useful if you plan to travel a lot by public transport, as fares are slightly cheaper with it, but the main draw is convenience. The initial purchase includes a deposit of about $4—you need the receipt to get the deposit back, so hold on to it. The Akbil can be bought and refilled at all major transport hubs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's