- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Istanbul has two main train stations: Sirkeci, on the Eminönü waterfront in Old Istanbul, and Haydarpasa, on the Asian side of the Bosphorus. Trains in Turkey are known for being slow, though new fast rail lines to Ankara and Konya should be ready in 2009 or 2010. The completion of a train line under the Bosphorus will change things dramatically, though the much delayed project is not expected to be ready until at least 2011.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $549 Royal Caribbean
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises