- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Turkey has an extensive system of intercity buses for travel around the country, and Istanbul's large, chaotic Esenler Otogar is the heart of it. Esenler itself is a bit out of the way, though easily accessible by metro from Aksaray and many of the bus companies have offices around the city and shuttle buses, known as a "servis," that collect passengers from the city and take them to their own mini-bus stations on the main freeway, allowing you to avoid the otogar completely.
A second smaller bus station, on the water on the Asian side of the Bosphorus, at Harem, is easily accessible by the car ferries from Eminönü.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe