- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most international and domestic flights arrive at Istanbul's Atatürk Airport, although some domestic flights and an increasing number of charter airlines fly into the newer Sabiha Gokçen Airport on the Asian side of the city.
Exits and taxi stands are well signposted as you emerge from customs. There is a slow metro directly from Atatürk to the Aksaray neighborhood, where you can catch a tram to Sultanahmet, although it is usually quicker and easier to take a taxi or one of the regular shuttle buses operated by the Havaş company ($7). Taxis and the shuttle buses can be found at the main exit from the terminal building. There is no rail link to Sabiha Gokçen Airport, so if necessary take a taxi or a Havaş shuttle bus ($4).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe