- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nick's Calligraphy Corner
Nick's Calligraphy Corner Review
One of the most unusual stores in the Grand Bazaar—indeed, anywhere—is Nick Merdenyan's tiny shop. The artist produces intricate calligraphic works and miniature paintings incorporating motifs and themes from major world religions, as well as universal nonreligious messages. Each small masterpiece is done on dried Dieffenbachia leaves, which he calls "Nick's missionary leaves of tolerance and peace."
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Not far from Dolmabahce Palace, the Shangri La Bosphorous, Istanbul has opened at long last.... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Turkey is an alluring destination, with colorful bazaars in Istanbul, serene hot air balloon rides i... Read more