- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The House Hotel Bosphorus
At a Glance
- hip hotel with intimate feel
- waterfront location in charming Ortaköy
- exceptionally attentive service
- standard rooms and some bathrooms are small
- located in popular nightlife area that can be loud at night
Check Rates from our Partners
The House Hotel Bosphorus Review
Most of the stylish accommodations in this restored late-19th-century waterfront mansion and the small annex just behind it have views of the Bosphorus, and some have private balconies; all are decorated in a chic, contemporary style—warm woods, neutral textiles, brass lamps, and engraved mirrors—with historical touches like high ceilings and floral moldings. Bathrooms, done in mottled white marble, have rainshowers (two suites have clawfoot tubs). The breakfast area and café/lounge, which overlooks the water and a branch of the trendy House Café, is so relaxing you might forget to leave.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Not far from Dolmabahce Palace, the Shangri La Bosphorous, Istanbul has opened at long last.... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Turkey is an alluring destination, with colorful bazaars in Istanbul, serene hot air balloon rides i... Read more