Popular with locals and visitors alike, Giritli offers a prix-fixe multicourse dinner menu of well-prepared Cretan specialties that includes unlimited local alcoholic drinks (wine or rakı). At least 15 different cold mezes—such as sea bass ceviche, herb-covered cubes of feta cheese with walnuts and olives, and various uncommon wild greens—are followed by hot starters like fried calamari or octopus leg in olive oil. The main course is a choice among several grilled fish, followed by dessert. With its whitewashed walls, colored lights, and blue trim, the restaurant's relaxed garden feels like a slice of the Greek islands in Istanbul. A limited lunch menu is also available.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is my trip report from my 2 night side trip from Istanbul during my 58th home exchange: http://altecockertravels.weebly.com/canakkale-gallipoli-and-troy.h... Read more
I sought input before leaving for my third trip to Europe and I thank those who contributed. As a trip report, I offer my travel blog ... Read more