- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah
At a Glance
- historic venue
- luxurious facilities
- some rooms have small bathrooms
- rooms on back side look onto street with lots of traffic
- expensive food and drinks
Check Rates from our Partners
Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah Review
Extensive restoration has brought this Istanbul landmark—founded in 1892 to provide upscale accommodations for travelers arriving on the Orient Express—back to its former glory, with beautifully outfitted rooms and plenty of period decorations and antique furniture. Bathrooms are done in carrera marble and some feature deep, old-fashioned clawfoot tubs; there's also a small underground spa, sauna, and indoor pool. Some rooms and suites are inspired by prestigious former guests, including Agatha Christie, Greta Garbo, and Ernest Hemingway, while the "deluxe Golden Horn view" rooms, with their tiny private balconies, are some of the coziest.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Not far from Dolmabahce Palace, the Shangri La Bosphorous, Istanbul has opened at long last.... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Turkey is an alluring destination, with colorful bazaars in Istanbul, serene hot air balloon rides i... Read more