- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Ferries ($2) and faster Seabuses ($4) depart from Katabaş, and take 90 minutes and 45 minutes, respectively. Schedules change with the seasons, so check beforehand for departure times (www.ido.com.tr/en). In summer the early evening ferries returning to the mainland are often very crowded, particularly on weekends.
Since no cars are allowed on the islands, you'll do most of your exploring on foot. Horse-drawn carriage tours cost $15 to $40. You can rent bicycles ($3 per hour) from one of the shops near the clock tower on Büyükada: definitely a more fun (and more strenuous) way to get around. To get from one of the Princes' Islands to the other, hop aboard any of several daily ferries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's