- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Buses headed for Edirne depart frequently from Istanbul's Esenler Terminal. The trip takes three hours and costs $8. Note that Esenler is a bit out of the way, but many companies have a "servis" minibus into town. In Edirne the bus offices are on the main road between the Selimiye and the Eski Cami. There are also frequent buses from Edirne heading south to Çanakkale.
By car, take the toll road—the E80 TEM, which is faster and much easier than Route 100. The trip takes about 2½ hours.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe