- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
During the 1980s and '90s, large parts of Turkey's east and southeast (but not the Black Sea area) were the scene of bitter fighting between the separatists of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) and Turkish security forces. The fighting has largely stopped, which has allowed tourism in the region to get off the ground again, but there have been several isolated incidents recently, particularly near the Turkey-Iraq border. Usually these events have occurred in remote areas where few tourists, let alone Turks, go.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's