- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- good facilities
- central location
- lacks character
- anonymous feel
Check Rates from our Partners
Tamara Hotel Review
A good range of facilities, large rooms, and a central location compensate for the rather bland decor; all rooms are nicely furnished with modern pieces, and the choicest are those facing the street in the new wing. Many guests seem to be Turkish businessmen, but the hotel is popular with tour groups too. The main, do-it-yourself grill restaurant is worth a try and the bar is an attempt at an English pub.
- Address: Yuzbasioglu Sok. 1, Van
- Phone: 432/214–3295
- Location: Lake Van and Environs
- 65 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It is 10:15PM in this part of the globe. Read more
My wife, Joanne and I (from London, Ontario, Canada) went on our first "Bus Tour" and our first tour organized by Gate 1 Travel through a recommendation of a friend, Larry (from North Carolina) in late Read more
I am in the planning stages of a trip that I would like to take in October 2014 to Istanbul and Athens. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more