- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- good facilities
- central location
- lacks character
- anonymous feel
Tamara Hotel Review
A good range of facilities, large rooms, and a central location compensate for the rather bland decor; all rooms are nicely furnished with modern pieces, and the choicest are those facing the street in the new wing. Many guests seem to be Turkish businessmen, but the hotel is popular with tour groups too. The main, do-it-yourself grill restaurant is worth a try and the bar is an attempt at an English pub.
- Address: Yuzbasioglu Sok. 1, Van
- Phone: 432/214–3295
- Location: Lake Van and Environs
- 65 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more