- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Otel Büyük Kervansaray
At a Glance
- wonderful character
- pool and lovely courtyard
- rooms and bathrooms are quite small
- some furniture is a little dated
- popular with weddings so it can get crowded on the weekend
Check Rates from our Partners
Otel Büyük Kervansaray Review
At this attractive 16th-century kervansaray with sandstone walls and vaulted ceilings, rooms are on the small side, but you're really paying for the atmosphere and the location. There is a lovely courtyard with a fountain where you can eat dinner or have a drink, and the hotel pool is a welcome sight in Diyarbakır's heat. Rooms on the ground floor don't have air-conditioning, though they stay quite cool, even in summer.
- Address: Gazi Cad., Diyarbakır
- Phone: 412/228–9606
- Location: Diyarbakır
- 31 rooms, 14 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It is 10:15PM in this part of the globe. Read more
My wife, Joanne and I (from London, Ontario, Canada) went on our first "Bus Tour" and our first tour organized by Gate 1 Travel through a recommendation of a friend, Larry (from North Carolina) in late Read more
My family and I (including 1 yr old and 70 yr old) will be travelling to Turkey in end of April and the only part of the itinerary that is not yet firmed up is from where to stay in Pammukale and Antalya Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more