- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Otel Büyük Kervansaray
At a Glance
- wonderful character
- pool and lovely courtyard
- rooms and bathrooms are quite small
- some furniture is a little dated
- popular with weddings so it can get crowded on the weekend
Check Rates from our Partners
Otel Büyük Kervansaray Review
At this attractive 16th-century kervansaray with sandstone walls and vaulted ceilings, rooms are on the small side, but you're really paying for the atmosphere and the location. There is a lovely courtyard with a fountain where you can eat dinner or have a drink, and the hotel pool is a welcome sight in Diyarbakır's heat. Rooms on the ground floor don't have air-conditioning, though they stay quite cool, even in summer.
- Address: Gazi Cad., Diyarbakır
- Phone: 412/228–9606
- Location: Diyarbakır
- 31 rooms, 14 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It is 10:15PM in this part of the globe. Read more
My wife, Joanne and I (from London, Ontario, Canada) went on our first "Bus Tour" and our first tour organized by Gate 1 Travel through a recommendation of a friend, Larry (from North Carolina) in late Read more
Hi. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more