- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tarihi Midyat Gelüşke Hanı
Tarihi Midyat Gelüşke Hanı Review
A beautifully restored han served as an inn for traveling traders for centuries, and you can eat outside by a fountain in the large courtyard or in one of the small private dining rooms, where you sit on rugs and eat from low tables, reclining on pillows when you're done. The kebabs and other grilled meats are tasty and served with a tangy chopped tomato salad and a refreshing cold yogurt soup that has wheat berries in it. If you call a day in advance, they can prepare the Assyrian speciality, dobo (lamb stuffed with rice and pistachios).
- Address: Eski Midyat Çarşısı, Midyat
- Phone: 482/464–1442
- Location: Midyat
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It is 10:15PM in this part of the globe. Read more
My wife, Joanne and I (from London, Ontario, Canada) went on our first "Bus Tour" and our first tour organized by Gate 1 Travel through a recommendation of a friend, Larry (from North Carolina) in late Read more
Hello, has anyone driven the Pamukkale to Fethiye route? Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more