- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Just a short drive from Midyat, Hasankeyf makes for a good half-day trip. Come, explore, have lunch by the Tigris River and then return to Midyat, Mardin, or even Diyarbakir. This small town has a magical setting, with stone houses on the banks of the Tigris River, lorded over by a cliff topped with the remains of an ancient citadel.
Hasankeyf at a Glance
Elsewhere in Excursions to the Far East and Black Sea Coast
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe