- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Just a short drive from Midyat, Hasankeyf makes for a good half-day trip. Come, explore, have lunch by the Tigris River and then return to Midyat, Mardin, or even Diyarbakır. This small town has a magical setting, with stone houses on the banks of the Tigris River, lorded over by a cliff topped with the remains of an ancient citadel.
Hasankeyf at a Glance
Elsewhere in Excursions to the Far East and Black Sea Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's