Excursions to the Far East and Black Sea Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go on Excursions to the Far East and Black Sea Coast
Wandering the bustling bazaars of Şanliurfa and Gaziantep: Craftsmen in these ancient cities still work the same way they have for centuries.
Float in Lake Van: As in Israel's Dead Sea, the water is rich in minerals and very alkaline; you'll be remarkably buoyant in the startlingly blue water.
Explore the ruins of the city of Ani,: once the seat of a small Armenian kingdom.
Visit the cliffside monastery of Sümela: The climb is fairly strenuous, but just seeing this remarkable sight is unforgettable.
Journey up Mt. Nemrut.: The massive stone heads looking out over the horizon are an impressive sight to behold.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's