- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Turkish Airlines, Onur, and Pegasus Airlines have flights from Istanbul to Diyarbakır.
There are daily buses from Istanbul to Diyarbakır; the ride takes close to 20 hours and costs about $45. From Diyarbakır, minivans leave regularly from Dağ Kapı for the one-hour trip to Mardin and to Midyat.
The train ride from Istanbul to Diyarbakır is long—more than 35 hours—but scenic, and inexpensive: about $22 (first class) to $44 (sleeper bunk). Time is money, though, and it's much easier to fly.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe