- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A beautiful village on a hill, dominated by the Uçhisar Castle, the highest fairy chimney in all the land, Uçhisar has some of the nicest places to stay in Cappadocia. There are some carpet and rug shops here, but most of the town is residential, with clustered stone houses overlooking the valleys. Chickens peck along back streets and are tended to by women who live in nearby caves. From here, it's easy to take off for a walk down Pigeon Valley (Güvercinlik Vadisi), so named for the birds the villagers raise in distinctive-looking cotes lodged in the walls of the valley.
Uçhisar at a Glance
Elsewhere in Central Anatolia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's