- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Regular rail service connects Ankara to both Istanbul and İzmir, and direct trains also run from Istanbul to Konya (see specific cities for information). Trains generally take longer than buses—often a lot longer—but they do have the advantage of having sleeper cars, which can be quite comfortable. The Istanbul–Ankara corridor, is however, being outfitted with new rails to allow high-speed trains, so the route will be faster in coming years. There is very little train service between small towns in Central Anatolia. The one route that may be of use to tourists is Ankara–Kayseri, but it's generally much quicker to take a bus.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's