- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Kayseri's airport is 5 km (3 mi) from the city center and is served by several Turkish airlines. Onur Air has its own shuttle from the airport to downtown, but if you fly in on another airline (such as THY or Pegasus) you'll have to take a taxi. In 2007, Kayseri opened a new bus station which is modern, bright, and squeaky clean, but at 10 km (6 mi) from the city center, much less conveniently located than the old one. A taxi from the new bus station into the city center costs around $15 (more at night), but there are also public buses you can take for about $1. Once you're downtown, all the major sites are within walking distance of one another.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe