Central Anatolia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Central Anatolia
Hike the valleys of Cappadocia Trails lead past fantastic rock formations and to cave entrances that open on ornately decorated churches.
Balloon over Cappadocia Dangling high above the forested, rock-littered valleys in a basket, you'll sail past rock cones and fairy chimneys.
Explore underground cities Kaymaklı, Derinkuyu, and the other subterranean complexes are vast, multistoried, equipped with kitchens, sewage systems, and stables, and once housed tens of thousands of inhabitants.
Luxuriate in a cave Some of Cappadocia's finest hotels are tucked into elaborately appointed caves, where soft lighting, fireplaces, and even Jacuzzis are common amenities.
See the dervishes whirl In Konya dervishes whirl in graceful spinning dances as a way to fill themselves with love, the essence of the divine.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's