Central Anatolia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Central Anatolia
Hike the valleys of Cappadocia: Trails lead past fantastic rock formations and to cave entrances that open on ornately decorated churches.
Balloon over Cappadocia: Dangling high above the forested, rock-littered valleys in a basket, you'll sail past rock cones and fairy chimneys.
Explore underground cities: Kaymaklı, Derinkuyu, and the other subterranean complexes are vast, multistoried, equipped with kitchens, sewage systems, and stables, and once housed tens of thousands of inhabitants.
Luxuriate in a cave: Some of Cappadocia's finest hotels are tucked into elaborately appointed caves, where soft lighting, fireplaces, and even Jacuzzis are common amenities.
See the dervishes whirl: In Konya dervishes whirl in graceful spinning dances as a way to fill themselves with love, the essence of the divine.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's