- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Bus Tours. The Zürich Tourist office's daily Cityrama tour covers the main city sights; the trip lasts three hours, leaving at 11 am; it costs 49 SF. The Zürich Trolley Experience (34 SF) gives a good general idea of the city in two hours; it leaves at 9:45 am, noon, and 2 pm. The Combo Tour goes farther and includes a train trip to the top of the nearby Üetliberg. This is also a daily tour, given at 9:45 am, noon, and 2 pm; it takes four hours and costs 42 SF. All tours start from the Hauptbahnhof. The tourist office also offers a weekend Segway City Tour for 109 SF from April through October, at 2 pm.
Walking Tours. Throughout the year the tourist office offers daily two-hour walking tours (25 SF) that start at the Hauptbahnhof. You can join a group with English-language commentary, but the times vary, so call ahead.
Bicycle Tours. From May to September, Friday through Sunday at 10:30 am, you can take a three-hour bike tour from the Hauptbahnhof for 50 SF (rates go up if you're fewer than three people). Tours are available in English; bikes are supplied. Reservations are necessary only for four or more people.
Top Trek (Zürich. 077/4546590. www.toptrek.ch.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe