- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
The A2 expressway from Basel to Zürich leads directly into the city. The A1 continues east to St. Gallen. Approaching from the south and the St. Gotthard route, take the A14 from Luzern (Lucerne). It feeds into the A3, which takes you through the Üetliberg Tunnel and into the city at its southwestern edge.
If Swiss drivers have a reputation throughout Europe for being unnecessarily impolite in their lead-footedness, Zürich must be where they're all hatched and trained. With a good number of streets in town marked "one-way" or "pedestrian-only" or with a speed limit of only 30 kph (18 mph), many drivers take out their frustrations on their fellow man. The rate of road rage is unnervingly high in Zürich, although it's still not L.A.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's