Shopping in Zurich
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Many of Zürich's designer boutiques lie hidden along the narrow streets between Bahnhofstrasse and the Limmat River. Quirky bookstores and antiques shops lurk in the sloping cobblestone alleyways leading off Niedorfstrasse and Oberdorfstrasse. The fabled Bahnhofstrasse—famous because it's reputedly the most expensive street in the world—is dominated by large department stores and extravagantly priced jewelry shops.
Many city-center stores are open weekdays 9-8, Saturday 8-4. Most close on Sunday, with the exception of the shops at the Hauptbahnhof and the Stadelhofen train station. Many smaller shops, particularly in the Niederdorf area, open later in the morning or the early afternoon and are closed entirely on Monday.
Browse Zurich Shopping
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 3-Star Bristol Zurich: $250 & Up in Jun Expedia
- Look no Further! Z?rich Hotels Fr $139+/Nt Travelocity
- Book the Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss 3 Nts in Jun Fr $351+/Nt — $351 Expedia
- Look no Further! Z?rich Hotels Fr $269+/Nt — $269 Travelocity
- Book the Comfort Royal Zurich 3 Nts in Jun Fr $206+/Nt — $206 Save with Expedia, $51/night less