- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Kirche St. Peter (Church of St. Peter)
Kirche St. Peter (Church of St. Peter) Review
Dating from the early 13th century, Zürich's oldest parish church has one of the largest clock faces in Europe. A church has been on this site since the ninth century. The existing building has been considerably expanded over the years: styles range from a Romanesque choir to a Baroque nave. The tower, for example, was extended in 1534, when the clock was added. Keep an eye out for inexpensive or even free classical concerts.
- Address: St. Peterhofstatt, Kreis 1, Zürich, 8001
- Phone: 044/2116057
- Hours: Weekdays 8–6, Sat. 10–4, Sun. 11–5
- Location: Left Bank: The Altstadt
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Hi I need some help planning an itinerary for 3 families travelling to Europe for 6 weeks in 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more