- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- expert and friendly service
- charming Old Town location
- the views
- mosquitoes in summer (don't sleep with the window open)
- can be noisy during local festivals—and there are many
Check Rates from our Partners
Zum Storchen Review
The central location of this airy 600-year-old structure—tucked between the Fraumünster and Kirche St. Peter on the gull-studded bank of the Limmat River—is stunning. Rebuilt in 1939 and since renovated, the modern hotel is impeccable and intimately scaled. It has warmly appointed rooms, some with French windows that open over the water. Deluxe corner rooms, with views toward both river and lake, are worth fighting for, as are seats at the terrace café, where dessert is the panoramic vista of the Altstadt.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more