- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Savoy Baur en Ville
At a Glance
- you can't get more downtown than this
- Sprüngli, a must for chocolate lovers, is across the street
- conservative to the point of stuffiness
- a business-minded atmosphere
Check Rates from our Partners
Savoy Baur en Ville Review
Directly on Paradeplatz, at the hub of the banking, shopping, and sightseeing districts, this is one of Zürich's 19th-century landmarks. Despite its venerable age, the hotel perennially improves itself, regularly sprucing up its rooms and amenities to maintain its conservative sleekness. The guest rooms, with gray-stone bathrooms, walk-in closets, and period furniture, typify what the hotel calls its "past-modern" decor. There are two fine restaurants—one French, one Italian—as well as a slick café-bar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more