- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Museum für Gestaltung (Design Museum)
Museum für Gestaltung (Design Museum) Review
Envisioned as an academy devoted to design and applied arts, this imposing structure—designed by Adolf Steger and Karl Egender as a Functionalist manifesto—is today the main repository for Switzerland's important legacy in graphic design, posters, and applied arts. Innovative temporary exhibitions focus on architecture, poster art, graphic design, and photography, and recent shows included "The Plastic Garbage Project," "Formless Furniture," and "100 Years of Swiss Graphic Design."
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
My wife and I are planning a 14 day trip next August and could use your help. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more