Dating from 1708 and containing elements that go back 850 years, this was the carpenters', masons' and coopers' guild. After a fire destroyed its top two floors in 2007, the building was painstakingly restored by specialists, who uncovered a rare fresco dating back to the 14th century in one of the small dining halls. Its main restaurant is again drawing locals and tourists alike to its fabulous dark-wood halls, now polished to an amazingly high gloss, where the focus is on traditional dishes prepared for today's lighter tastes, such as chicken breast with lime risotto and seasonal vegetables.
Marktg. 20, Zürich, 8001, Switzerland