Zürich: Places to Explore
Kreis 1: The Historic Core
Zürich's Altstadt (Old Town) is the main reason you're here, thanks to Gothic treasures like the Fraumünster, shopping galore, and an amazing collection of restaurants, and it's all right on the...
When Zürich's center got too cramped for 19th-century industrialists, they built themselves lakeside and hillside villas that still lend this neighborhood its quiet elegance.
Kreis 5: Zürich West
Zürich West is one of the city's most happening districts. Empty warehouses from the city's machine industry days have been renovated, while others were torn down to make room for new...
Zürich's most luxurious residential neighborhood also is home to the zoo, wood-side walking paths with spectacular views of the Alps, and a cemetery that draws literary fans to James Joyce's grave.
This mainly residential area starts out as a long lakeside promenade dotted with swimming spots, rising up through several small parks to the Stiftung Sammlung E.G. Bührle, one of Zürich's most...
Located 20 km (12 miles) northeast of Zürich, Winterthur made its fortune through the textile industry and blossomed thanks to prosperous merchants who developed a love of art. They bequeathed...
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's