Kreis 5: Zürich West
Zürich West is one of the city's most happening districts. Empty warehouses from the city's machine industry days have been renovated, while others were torn down to make room for new glass-and-steel creations. The area is now chock-full of lofts, galleries, bars, restaurants, and dance clubs. The result is a swinging cultural center with a throbbing nightlife. The area is loosely bordered by Hardstrasse, Hardturmstrasse, and Pfingstweidstrasse; to get there by public transportation, take Tram 4, 13, or 17 to Escher Wyss Platz, or Tram 4 farther on to Schiffbau or Technopark. It's roughly a 10-minute trip from the Hauptbahnhof.
Kreis 5: Zürich West at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's