- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Route du Vignoble
Parallel to the waterfront highway, threading through the steep-sloping vineyards between Nyon and Lausanne, the Route du Vignoble (Vineyard Road) unfolds a rolling green landscape high above the lake, punctuated by noble manors and vineyards.
Luins, home of the flinty, fruity white wine of the same name, is a typical pretty village.
Just up the road, the village of Vinzel develops its own white wines on sunny slopes and sells them from the vin-celliers (wine cellars) that inspired its name.
The route continues through Bursins, home of an 11th-century Romanesque church, and goes all the way to Morges. The road is clearly signposted throughout.
Elsewhere in Vaud
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's