- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- family-run operation eschews chain feel
- garage parking a godsend in this hilly city
- access via a one-way street is tricky to navigate
- popular for group meetings
Check Rates from our Partners
Alpha Palmiers Review
Behind this historical facade you'll find a courtyard hotel of modern proportions. Filled with light from the atrium, the streamlined rooms have ample work spaces and safes large enough to hold a laptop. A bamboo garden and palm trees add freshness to the busy reception area. The Thai kitchen overseen by imported chefs attracts locals for the most authentic Asian food around. Although the hotel is close to the train station, the walk uphill is a bit of a challenge with luggage.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
We are looking at Switzerland as a possible place to cycle tour . Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. ... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more