- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
La Liberté Review
The oar-powered warships of the Greeks, Romans, and Phoenicians once crossed the waters of Lac Léman. Now you can follow in their wake on La Liberté, a reconstruction of a 17th-century galley. This brainchild of historian Jean-Pierre Hirt is part public works project, part historical re-creation. The 183-foot ship sails the lake Saturday evening and twice Sunday afternoon from mid-May to mid-October; the two-hour tour costs 38 SF. You must book space in advance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more