- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- secluded idyllic retreat
- grand rooms with lots of amenities
- must have a car to cover the distance to other villages
Check Rates from our Partners
La Barcarolle Review
Hidden in a parklike setting off the lake road, this mustard-colored relais (inn) sits amid historic châteaux and country homes. The hotel's name and musical theme reflect its owner's fondness for great classical composers. Guest rooms with lawn and lake views contain painted furniture and floral furnishings in red and gold. Spacious baths have granite countertops, separate tubs and showers, and towel warmers. The bright breakfast room and fine dining area spill onto a wide terrace. French cuisine dominates the menu, which ranges from fish specialties to raspberry duck breast with a tarragon-infused wheat risotto.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
We are looking at Switzerland as a possible place to cycle tour . Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. ... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more