- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Hostellerie Bon Rivage
At a Glance
- price/value relationship is tops
- picturesque marina setting on the main transportation line
- no a/c necessitates closed shutters against the afternoon sun
- most guest rooms have only a shower
Hostellerie Bon Rivage Review
This hotel blends right in with the estates facing the lake on the main road between Vevey and Montreux. Its breezy rooms with blond modular furniture overlook a small marina and the turrets of the village castle. The building was once home to the Order of St. Joseph; the nuns still maintain a small chapel on the main floor. Request a lakefront room not only for the superb view, but also to avoid street noise. Keep an eye out for l'Olivier's chef harvesting herbs and vegetables for Provençal-inspired dishes from the walled garden below.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, France Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Luxembourg Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more