- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Vaud Restaurant Reviews
As in all great wine regions, dégustation (wine tasting) and haute gastronomie (refined cuisine) go hand in hand here. In inns and auberges throughout La Côte and Lavaux (the two stretches of vineyard-lined shore), you'll dine beside ascot-wearing oenophiles who lower their half lenses to study a label, then go on to order a multicourse feast to complement their extensive tastings.
To experience Vaud's best cuisine, look for déjeuners d'affaires (business lunches), plats du jour, and prix-fixe menus, which can offer considerable savings over à la carte dining.
Of course, you will be spoiled for choice by the quality of Lausanne's restaurants. Prices can be high, but if you wander through the backstreets you will see that the less affluent in Lausanne eat well, too.
Browse Vaud Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe