- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Lovely Nyon, with its waterfront drive, shops, museums, and a castle dominating its cliff-top Old Town, was founded by Julius Caesar around 45 BC as a camp for war veterans. Lovely views can be had from the château-museum's terrace and the town's waterfront promenade, where boats and swans bob in the waves.
Nyon at a Glance
Elsewhere in Vaud
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's