- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
From its origins as a simple fishing village, this medieval town on the skirt hem of Lausanne expanded in the 11th century with the installation of the Benedictine monks from Savigny-en-Lyonnais. The religious order is credited with taming the wild hillsides, terracing them, and expanding the cultivation of wine grapes. Celebrated at the end of September, the Fête des Vendanges (harvest festival) is but one of the lively events that bring families and tourists to the plaza for food, wine, and entertainment.
Lutry at a Glance
Elsewhere in Vaud
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's