- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Vaud Hotel Reviews
It's a pleasure unique to Vaud to wake up, part floor-length sheers, and look out over Lac Léman to Mont Blanc. A series of 19th-century grand hotels with banks of balconied lake-view rooms were created to offer this luxury, yet there's no shortage of charming inns offering similar views on an intimate scale. The hotels of Lausanne and Montreux are long on luxury and grace, and low prices are not easy to find. Especially at peak periods—Christmas to New Year's and June to August—it's important to book ahead. Small auberges in the villages along the lake and in the vineyards offer traditional dishes and simple comforts.
Browse Vaud Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's